Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tires

Great.... now I'm nervous and tow a lot... The triple axle under our 28' has 235-80R16 load range D, brand is Load Star-Karrier. So far, 1000's miles no issues and don't ever seem to heat up even one tow where ambient temps were 100 plus for 4 hrs. All my other trailers have a total mix of brands (not on the same trailer). They seem good, but not sure I want to just start replacing them although trailer tires concern me the most when towing...
    Over the winter, I only put one trailer (23' GP) on jack stands, the others I guess will just develop flat spots...Anyone else??

(But definitely like the idea that GY is now making tires in the US!! )

I ran Michelin LTX load range E on my last trailer, despite expert advice against it, they worked flawlesy. Now I have Chinese tires, load range E, no problems yet. One thing I do is put the trailer on blocks when it will be sitting for a while, (tires in pic are off the ground) occaisionally walk by and spin the tires with my foot as to keep the bearings rotated. I have been told that the ground sucks the moisture out of the tires. I also watch my pressure closely and put my hand on them when I stop to pee. Nothing is worse than changing a tire on the shoulder of an interstate, always seems to happen on the left side of the trailer, so your ass is inches from the ASSHOLES that don't care to change lanes, as to give you some room.
    Don't even get me started on freeway etiquette.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2959.jpg  
    Last edited by Appella; 01-08-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Appella View Post
    Nothing is worse than changing a tire on the shoulder of an interstate, always seems to happen on the left side of the trailer, so your ass is inches from the ASSHOLES that don't care to change lanes, as to give you some room.
    Don't even get me started on freeway etiquette.
    Those could easily have been my words as well. I once witnessed a young Navy sailer standing at the curb waiting on a bus. A city bus came by so close to him the right mirror hit the kids head while he was standing there and killed him. I have no doubt it was a closed coffin funeral based on what was left of his head. Bus was only traveling about 25mph, can you imagine a car going 60-70mph when you're changing a tire?
    "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.