Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Glasply spotting

AK

Thanks for the HIN, I'm guessing it's an 18. We have one other 18 with a similar HIN: GPL11284C585 with a BMW I/O power in Oregon. 1985 must have been a bad year for GP workers in charge of HIN's because they do not follow any logic. The 19 has a weird HIN indicating it was built at the end or beginning of a model year 81-82.
    Last edited by Socal; 10-15-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    "Few men during their lifetime come anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used". Richard Byrd, naval officer and explorer
    1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" enjoying the late summer sun on Trinidad Island

I looked up Toland and they were in business from 1994 to 1996 in Kent, WA, where C-dories are/were made. The boat in your photograph with the AKZ Hin is from Alaska Homemade Boats on Benson Blvd. in Anchorage. CG indicates the business began 8.30.2014, no notice of closing. Maybe they got some hulls and finished them in Alaska.
    The screwed-on brass plate HIN is what some WA state owners may have to do with the new state regulations on numbering. Binford figured out a work-around and kept his existing HIN by deleting the last one or two digits from the original HIN on his registration documents. Clever man!
    "Few men during their lifetime come anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used". Richard Byrd, naval officer and explorer
    1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" enjoying the late summer sun on Trinidad Island

Glasply midden on Marrowstone Island. Here are a few of my buddies Glasply "collection". There are more...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4331.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	6446
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4326.jpg  

That’s a nice collection, any of them for sale?

2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient Mr. Smee's Avatar
    Damn, that's heart-breaking! Like the elephant graveyard of GlasPlys! Does your friend intend to try to sell them, or does he just want them out of his yard?

JJC and Nova, when you guys get your storage spaces figured out, I'll come up. We'll roam around and pick up some of these old boats that might still have a little life left. I'm not working, and my wife would just as soon have me out of the house. What do you say?
    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Ya its kind of depressing, all are in disrepair. They are all for sale-trying to clear the property. I dont think he wants much for any of them other than the 23 open. Pm or call me if anyone has any interest.