Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 81 28' Long Cabin work in progress

Looks awesome! Interesting set up where the anchor feeds to the pulpit, some PVC? Is that to hold a cover since I don't see an anchor? Also, we've had lots of conversations over the years of why some of the late model LC's are lighter and sit a little higher out of the water than some of the pre 80's. I think we've decided the deck/bridge super structure's on the later models are balsa core and you basically confirmed it.

My fly bridge deck is balsa core as well... I've never been afraid to make holes in the name of progress! I get the idea it's strong and light when dry but a nightmare if wetted...

Correct on the pvc, all of my "tent" poles connect to rails or cleats with slotted pvc tees. Didn't want to risk chafe on gelcoat.

Quote Originally Posted by theremikegoes View Post
    My fly bridge deck is balsa core as well... I've never been afraid to make holes in the name of progress! I get the idea it's strong and light when dry but a nightmare if wetted...

Correct on the pvc, all of my "tent" poles connect to rails or cleats with slotted pvc tees. Didn't want to risk chafe on gelcoat.
    That's a brilliant idea, I was wondering how to do the same. So if you just "slot" the pvc T it will spread enough to go around the cleat/railing?

I think I cut about 1/2" out? It was eyeball cutting on the band saw to make them a light snap fit over the rails.