Thread: Looking for Used Refrigerator for Ocean Fury

Looking for Used Refrigerator for Ocean Fury

All,

Anyone have a used (working) refrigerator they want to sell? (12V and 110) Need one for my 28" Long Cabin "Ocean Fury".

Thanks,
    Wally

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    All,

Anyone have a used (working) refrigerator they want to sell? (12V and 110) Need one for my 28" Long Cabin "Ocean Fury".

Thanks,
    Wally
    I know of a brand new one, same as the one in our 28' (Novakool) sitting in a box at a friends RV repair facility. He might make a deal on it. Low draw, perfect for boats. Send me a PM and I'll put you in touch. Otherwise, the old noisy original one I took out of our 28' is sitting on my lower deck making noise...

Friend of mine recently pulled a Norcold from a boat he purchased as it was to big for his intentions. Nice clean looking unit when I saw it. If interested let me know, asking price $245. (located in Seattle) His brief description : Norcold model DE 0041R, ser 12459682, group 100204. 120 ac and 12volt dc. Cut out size 23 1/8 wide X 31 tall X 24 1/2" deep. Ht and depth you can fudge a bit --the width is what it is.

Captn H,

Thank you for the info. I will go measure again, but I believe that the width on this model will not get through my cabin door! Sucks because it sounds like it would be perfect.
    Ill get back to you.

Captn H,

Is there anyway that you could have your friend measure the depth with the door off? He wouldn't need to take the door off, just measure it when it is open. Maybe if I take the door off, I can get it through the cabin door.
    Appreciate your help,
    Wally

Wally, sent you a PM with contact info. Give him a call and he'll give you all the info.

Ya, I know from replacing mine twice..unfortunately.. that you have to remove the refrigerator door and hinges is I recall, coat the entire thing in Vaseline, then squeeze it through the cabin door..... Just kidding on the Vaseline part of course, but it is a tight fit...

Quote Originally Posted by weigh2go View Post
    Ya, I know from replacing mine twice..unfortunately.. that you have to remove the refrigerator door and hinges is I recall, coat the entire thing in Vaseline, then squeeze it through the cabin door..... Just kidding on the Vaseline part of course, but it is a tight fit...
    Same with mine, not a big deal to remove door.
    "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

A quick "Thank You" to everyone's help in finding a refrigerator.

I did find one and I'm going to install it next week.

Again, thank you.