Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New railing - 304 or 316 stainless

Yes. I wanted 1", but couldn't find it. Wall diameter is .065 I believe. Found it at a local metal supplier - one I stopped using years ago because of their pricing, but they came in lower than everyone and they found polished - go figure.. Had to buy a 20' stick. Fittings are Suncor, purchased online from Defender. They are 316 also.
    1978 17' Runabout - AQ120B/270
    1978 23' Cuddy

Quote Originally Posted by nova7163 View Post
    7/8" diameter right? Where did you find it.
    Dwayne at PDR said his not doing railings anymore but when I picked the boat up last week he hinted that he still would. he had a ton in his office and it looked nice. I believe he did Bills??

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    Dwayne at PDR said his not doing railings anymore but when I picked the boat up last week he hinted that he still would. he had a ton in his office and it looked nice. I believe he did Bills??
    Yes, he did my cockpit rails and they are 6" higher then the OEM's. Nice workmanship and an improvement I really like.
    "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.