Thread: What do you think? 80 GP 19.5

What do you think? 80 GP 19.5

What are your thoughts...? It can’t be started because the owner doesn’t want to risk further damage with the lower being cracked...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/b...453555426.html
    Last edited by HarperMA10; 02-02-2018 at 09:00 PM.

won't cause any more damage, just don't put in gear
    1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

If it was any engine except a 470 it would be a safer bet. Being a 470 would make me very cautious. It's like buying a car but can't start it until you've paid for it. Don't think I would do it nor do I think they'll sell it for their asking price.
    "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

there is a nice 260 merc package listed here, probably has the doghouse as well
    1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Thanks guys. I bought the boat today for $2200... I also found a complete outdrive from a ‘79 glasply with a 470 and it was gifted to me! The guy with the outdrive put a new water pump in it too. Now just need to get this thing started.

It has a battery selector switch wired between two batteries, when I switched the selector to battery two it was fine but once I turned the selector to ‘both’ it started sparking on the battery terminals (note the 2nd battery was not plugged in and the leads weren’t touching)...do you think the selector switch is bad? Or what could be shorting?

Battery two was too low but it didn’t even click the starter solenoid like it was trying? It seems I have some electrical bugs to work out

PO was ‘Bligh’ who attended several
    Rendezvous.
    "Freedom is a well armed lamb" Benjamin Franklin

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Yes he was. Very nice gentleman, he is the one who turned me on to this group.