Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford dealership

I had passed over that one as I’d read the 5.9 was a little underpowered, but it can’t be worse than the 7.3 I was looking at. Is this the vintage that has the killer dowel pin or is that just trucks?

Just drove past it yesterday, haha

Edit: sent the guy an email with some questions. I'm a little concerned that one will be bigger than I want though

Found this one too, funky bed and automatic but it's a new body style f450 with a v10. Just how much of a liability is the automatic in these trucks?
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/c...552220955.html
    Last edited by theremikegoes; 04-15-2018 at 06:34 PM.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/c...552220955.html

Any reason I shouldn't call this guy and buy it? 80k miles and price dropped to 4750 for a 99 v10 with a weird box.

I aw that one too and though it might work for you.

New "beefed up" trans 2 years ago with receipts, original owner. He should have put that in the ad... this one's my next target.

that is a hauler deck, they sell for good money
    1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Quote Originally Posted by noluck View Post
    that is a hauler deck, they sell for good money
    Looks like this hauler bed might be home made out of plywood? Truck looks to be in pretty good shape, not sure how much power the V10 has, but low miles.
    Bill V could tell you more about that engine.

Yeah, hopefully I can get a decent dollar for it but the wood is odd for an otherwise decent looking bed. I'm thinking it was converted from a tow truck bed. Engine is supposedly reliable with the exception of occasional spit spark plugs and exhaust studs that. Power... I think slightly better than 460's which I was already considering.

take the wood off and get some aluminum checker plate
    1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

It would definitely look better with aluminum diamond plate, and I agree that it looks like it was converted from a tow truck.

I may have already started shopping for a used flat bed... my 5k cap is probably blown but this truck is far newer and lower use than I'd expected to be able to look at. Famous last words, now I'll show up and it'll have a few spark plugs chuffing their way out of the block, a transmission covered in oil, and bald checked tires.