Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 RENDEZVOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smee View Post

Hey, I forgot to mention that there is an alternative to the sling at Cap Sante. I don't know the launch at all, though; what do you think of it, Cummins? Is it a reasonable alternative?

I think we're good on gear, Appella, but thanks.

I really like the launch, no stinking permit required! Pay at the booth I think it's $9.00 per day. It has two ramps and I have never had an issue with parking.

Question, I have the bunks NOT rollers are they able to launch and load my boat at CapSante?

2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient Mr. Smee's Avatar
    My trailer had bunks, too, and the guys at Cap Sante were able to launch and retrieve without a problem. It's a more expensive option than the ramp at Washington Park, though.
    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Good info. It would be good to launch at CapSante so I could have my truck available.

I personally dislike the ramp at Washington Park. Don't care for the curve in the approach and the high level of..... Inefficient and discourteous boat owners that clog it up.
    I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me....

I remember Washington Park. That was where a trailing dock line and a trailer wheel combined to remove one of my deck cleats.
    "Freedom is a well armed lamb" Benjamin Franklin

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Oops, stripers out in Rosario, lol.

What's the BS with trying to respond to a quote? 10 characters or more, entered like 20, would not let me post.

any update as to when the slip assignment will be given out?
    1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Got mine emailed to me last week. Check your email.
    1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
    1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
    8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Smee e-mailed mine as well. Tried on my bridge inclosure for the first time in 5 years, shrunk a little, so I am leaving it in the 100 deg sun and try to stretch it. Maybe I should leave it up while I am towing? It's only 17 feet tall, lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2215.jpg  

2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient Mr. Smee's Avatar
    Uh oh. Do I have a bad e-mail address for you, Noluck? I sent you a note on August 7.

You'll be sharing C-21 with the Sally J.
    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running