Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2018 RENDEZVOUS

Socal, I put my HIN in my members post.

It was a good time and we missed you Socal. I roughly counted 21 boats at one time. Appella took home the LD award, Weigh2Go the member award and had a first time attendee(not sure of the username) win the mixology. I think the guys with all the pictures and hard data are still traveling.
    1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
    1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
    8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

My FirstMate Rob from SoCal entered the Mixology Competition representing "REEL FAST". He took the honors with "Get Her Dum REEL FAST".

It was a great time even tho my Ace Line Puller has a part at the bottom of the Harbor.........

I did come thru as promised with "Crab" as we did contribute ONE nice one!

Cummings,
    Thanks for the report, poor Mr. Smee, defeated by a fellow Californian. I told him to watch out for a ringer.
    Sorry about your puller part.
    Nova, good turnout with 21 boats. The Forum and Rendezvous are both in good shape.
    "Freedom is a well armed lamb" Benjamin Franklin

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

We had a great time at our first rendezvous. Looked at some great boats and enjoyed all the activities, really appreciate all the people who organized the events. The mixology competition was fun and I think I was more than a bit buzzed after tasting them all.
    Looking forward to next year.

Wish I could have made it. Looking forward to seeing some pics so post 'em up!!

2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient Mr. Smee's Avatar
    Well, dang, I was going to post a Rendezvous Wrap-up, but you eager beavers have pretty much spared me that task. I had a great time, and I thank all of you who joined in the festivities.

I thought it was a very successful gathering. When the dust settled, we had twenty-nine registrants, including two "walk-ons" who noticed our signage. Nova's estimate of boats is accurate; some of those registered came via the hard, and we had three cancellations due to boat or personal issues. One cool thing is that fourteen of the registrants were first-timers, which -- I hope -- bodes well for the future. As noted, Appella was a a shoo-in for the LD Award. The boy from the Bee Hive State got a rather sour welcome to Cap Sante Marina, but he took it in stride and had -- I hope -- a good time. Congrats to Carl and Ang Rhodes for winning the SoCal Membership Award, which was very richly deserved. And yes, SoCal, as to mixology, poor old Mr. Smee was once again the bridesmaid rather than the bride, but he has no complaints. All the concoctions entered were tasty, and Rob-of-the-Desert's was really good. If Cummins brings him back next year, we'll be up against it for sure.

I am home tonight, saddle-sore and tired after a ten-hour run down I-5 from my sister's place outside Eugene, Oregon. Jeff's boat resides there now, eagerly awaiting its transfer to the Mississippi River, where it will be truly unique. I'm sorry that I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to most of you yesterday morning, but I had to bolt to get the lad to the airport. I'd like to give a special thanks to kf7gth for taking care of Saturday's dinner, and to JBS for morning coffee and for cleaning up after us all.

OK. Let's see more photos, which will undoubtedly get us in the mood for next year: August 9 - 11,2019, Cap Sante Marina.
    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

"REEL FAST" was treated to a sling job!

I have a ton of photo's to post but got home late last night and all I want to do right now is return to our boat and start consuming adult beverage..ughhhhh!! Here's just a couple photo's (will post more later) and APPELLA should probably report on his "incident" himself...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0818182043 (1).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	194.4 KB 
ID:	7611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0818182043a.jpg 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	7612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0819181239.jpg 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	7613

Is that Jerry Caldwell in the front row?
    "Freedom is a well armed lamb" Benjamin Franklin

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.