Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine issue/prop?

Little update.....Got all four cylinders to fire. put on a used lower unit. Boat is now running at a max 34mph. and runs more consistently at 4200-4400rpm. at one time I saw 4800rpm. at times you can hear the rpms fluctuate 200RPM+-. my guess is a planning issue? boat just feels heavy to me. I do have a stingray hydrofoil stabilizer I might try. or do you all think maybe a prop still? good news is im back on the water.

That is good to hear.

Glad to hear you are out on the water. RPM fluctuation could be electrical or carb jets being dirty. Could also be change in boat attitude/trim while underway. The prop may be slipping. Are you seeing the RPM fluctuate on a tach or is it just a guess as to what you hear.You are making great progress.
    "Freedom is a well armed lamb" Benjamin Franklin

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

I can see it on the tach also. Can hear it even can feel it. And it's only at WOT. Which makes me believe it still has more to give. Now how to get it

One2
    May be cavitation. Does the wake behind the propellor change when the rev’s increase? Does it throw up a rooster tale?
    "Freedom is a well armed lamb" Benjamin Franklin

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.