Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1974 Glasply - not a peep when turning the key...

k , i am in abbotford and can come help you
    1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

That would be awesome... can I get your number or Facebook? Maybe ill try to PM you on here.

Quote Originally Posted by noluck View Post
    k , i am in abbotford and can come help you
    Good Man!!!

So I got the starter off.. and have tried turning the flywheel with a screwdriver (not much leverage at all) but had no success... Looks like its seized? Stuck? Not sure how I could find a way to get a grip on the thing to turn it. But it certainly isn't spinning easily. Not sure what to do next.

Ok so here is where i'm at now... I put a chain wrench on the crank here and it will turn but with a lot of effort. Does this mean it is seized? Isnt seized? Should I keep turning this and putting a little Marvel Mystery Oil in it every once in a while?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSzd9nfaojE

Keep oiling and turning. Try turning backwards also. Sounds like it is loosening up.
    "Freedom is a well armed lamb" Benjamin Franklin

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

He is turning it backwards! But socal is right about more oil and turning both clockwise and counter clockwise. Be careful with the chain wrench that you don't damage the lower pulley where the belt rides. Soon you will be able to install a starter and turn it over with it.

Nice... does this type of thing actually work (turning / oiling)? If I just keep going will I get it loose? Its getting SLIGHTLY easier but still needs that leverage to turn it.

“O ye of little faith.”
    "Freedom is a well armed lamb" Benjamin Franklin

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Yes! Keep oiling and turning. My 8.2 was froze a few years ago. Poured mystery oil in the manifolds and spark plug holes, let sit a month, voila, running well to this date.