• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nova7163 View Post

I know you snapped a picture.
    I wish I had!

Comment

Water B. Sounds like a lot of trips to the launch ramp without much boating going on.
      The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Don’t ignore a can buoy that indicates a shoal. Especially important when you’re at an on-the-water concert surrounded by dozens of small low-draft boats, trying to watch your non-boating.crew while you slowly slide up on a mud bank.
        Several offers to free me up and when it worked, got a big round of applause from the crowd. 🤬😎

The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Note to self, have more than 1/4 tank fuel when backed into water hooking up boat. Sputter, sputter then silence. Nice guy yanked me out and once on level ground it primed and started!

Comment

There must be more great stories, made up or real, since the lockdown began.

Comment

Getting ready to leave Deer Harbor, literally, with "Iceman" headed for Roche. We had the crab "hotel" we chose for a drawing prize at last years rendezvous, tied off at the end of our pier stuffed full with giant crabs. Went to pull it...where the (fill in the bad word) is it??? It was between our boats so nobody stole it... of course the lid on the thing is sealed shut and don't recall if the line floats or not... 27 ' of water. No grappling hook..NOTHING!! One photo of happy crabbers and their catch..next photo of the diver called to retrieve the crab "hotel" stuffed full of crab...

Comment

Giant crabs, well worth the diver’s fee.

Comment

Was it the knot on the bucket or the knot on the dock?
                  Boat=Bust out another thousand
                  1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
                  1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

Originally posted by jbs View Post
                    Was it the knot on the bucket or the knot on the dock?
                    The knot on the dock. Tied to a cleat..maybe. Then didn't know if the line was floating line or not, but it is since the diver said it was sticking straight up toward the surface, just not long enough. The pot was so heavy, pulled down on the line on the clean. So, to avoid a future issue, may add a few more feet to the line... Of course when you actually want to snag something with hook and line, you can't...

Comment

Originally posted by weigh2go View Post

The knot on the dock. Tied to a cleat..maybe. Then didn't know if the line was floating line or not, but it is since the diver said it was sticking straight up toward the surface, just not long enough. The pot was so heavy, pulled down on the line on the clean. So, to avoid a future issue, may add a few more feet to the line... Of course when you actually want to snag something with hook and line, you can't...
                      My theory, put dropped in water at low tide, pot sat on bottom, tide came in, pot pulled line off dock or cleat if not tied securely.
                      "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill V View Post

My theory, put dropped in water at low tide, pot sat on bottom, tide came in, pot pulled line off dock or cleat if not tied securely.
                        Sorry, kept interchanging "Pot" with "Bucket" it was the crab hotel "bucket" we drew as a fabulous prize at last years rendezvous, EXACTLY what we were looking for!! Courtesy of JBS. After catching the crabs, we put them in this Hotel (bucket) and hang it off the dock or boat cleat basically just submerged, until we're ready to deal with them.

Comment

Working...
                        X