Glasply 28 in BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDDawg View Post
    Good advice Bill. Bayliners are definitely the lighter duty boat out of that list. I grew up on the Island and have fished a lot out of Bamfield in small boats from 17-22ft, so can attest to the waters off there. Being in Vancouver, I'm primarily planning on cruising the Gulf/San Juan Islands, Howe Sound and up to Desolation, but who knows. How far afield have you taken your 28? And any suggestions on what to look for in 'Zilla for a prospective purchaser?
    I have been as far north as Port Hardy and 3 trips into Desolation Sound. 7 trips to the west side as far north as Tofino. East side of VI can have some terrible weather but for the most part has far more places to get in out of it all. I've been 30 miles out from Ucluelet and seen weather change very fast, was glad I had the power to head in quickly. 28's can handle far worse weather then you want to handle trust me here. Sometime I'll tell you about 20' waves and seeing water come over the bow and not touching anything until it crashed on the bridge. Didn't think we would survive it but the boat never gave a hint of faltering. Really convinced me I bought the right boat.

Fishzilla as I knew it some 10-12 years ago was owned by a nice gent from the Cowichan Bay area and he took pretty good care of it. Divorce forced him to sell it. The wood on the cockpit railings came from my boat as his was in very poor shape and I didn't want wood on my new railings I installed. I gave him all the railing wood and cockpit gunwale storage doors from my boat. I find teak requires too much maintenance to look good. I prefer starboard and stainless steel, We cruised the Gulf Islands on one occasion and i thought the boat performed well and actually surprised me for having twin V6 engines. For $27k Canadian it would be a fair price but I think $20k would buy it. At the time I was around 'Zilla, electronics was minimal and as I remember it only had a new chartplotter and no radar. Overall it was a nice in very good condition 28.
    Last edited by Bill V; 10-26-2020, 02:25 PM.
    "Joint Venture" '78 midcabin 28, twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Working...
    X