Ketchikan it is then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketchikan it is then

Well after visiting both border's immigration offices on what it would take to transit BC to Ketchikan, it appears it can be done with some planning. So now I am making plans to cruise to Ketchikan in mid to late June and return 4-5 weeks later. Having spent the past 15 years getting this boat prepared & ready to do this trip I don't want to do it when I'm in a wheel chair on life support. Plan on launching boat in late April/early May for time to cruise locally and be certain of everything running well. Have scoured the web for information and the Trawler Forum is the best I have found. https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/...ska-54287.html
    "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

get her done Bill !!!
    1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Good for you. 😎
      The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Have fun, we may have a new leader and covid will be just a memory.

Comment

Sounds like it will be an amazing trip. Excited to follow your adventure!

Comment

Excellent to hear, take your rime, plenty to see, I have made the trip on the Big Blue Canoe, maybe someday will do it in my own boat...!
            1982 2580 "HI-BOY " IN 2 DEEP 5.7LX ALPHA

Comment

Cool. That sounds like a great trip.
              1986 Glasply 28' long cabin

Comment

Definitely on my bucket list. Let me know if/when you are in the Nanaimo area and maybe we can coordinate a sail past or a socially distanced drink on the hook.

Comment

Working...
                X