Here is a 16' GP with bottom paint,it looks like it follows the waterline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a 16' GP with bottom paint,it looks like it follows the waterline

i know we covered this subject before, but I found this boat today and thought it might generate some discussion. I think this is a 16' with volvo I/O. The bottom paint is just above the top of the outdrive. My 17' Mercruiser I/O top is also at the waterline. I guess what I am saying this boat/bottom paint job is pretty much what my boat is doing, front to back.

I was going to mark mine in the water with a grease pencil to see where the line is.
    Boat=Bust out another thousand
    1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
    1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

That is a pretty severe deviation from parallel! Definately could use some ballast. Here is a pic of my 2100 for comparison.

also reference http://www.glasply.org/vb4/album.php...achmentid=3624
      Last edited by Pescador; 11-22-2015, 07:50 PM.
      Paul & Ellen

1980 2100 Series Cuddy Cabin
      2016 Rendezvous Long Distance Award - "Vasco de Glasply"

Comment

Your 21 has more flotation surface at the stern than that 16. A quick look at the 80's GP catalog shows the 16's sitting and riding fairly level. That waterline in the photo could come from full fuel, aux. fuel tank, a pair of batteries, Downriggers, big kicker, and a pair of hefty fishermen.
        The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Looks like how mine sits now

Comment

Must be those high performance spark plugs weighing it down.
            The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Here's JV Junior, a 16-footer with a 50 hp outboard. She sits right on the lines:

Cardinal (21') is just a tad stern-heavy, as seen here with just my son in the cockpit:

Same Volvo-Penta outdrive as in the original post.
              -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
              1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
              1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I wrote a song about a tortilla. Well actually, it’s more of a wrap.

Comment

Maybe had water in the hull when he marked it before painting or a heavy ice chest.

Comment

He may have missed the bow intersect a bit, but the outdrive on mine top is right at the waterline, even though I am in the boat hanging over the stern to see what things look like. My swim platform is also at the waterline.

It is almost as if the 17' boat was setup for an outboard and the optional I/O makes the boat look low in the back.

Given this issue I am tempted to raise the floor switch to a bow fuel tank and lighten up the wood stringers that may be a bit soggy. Note my fuel tank is large and looks like a non-factory install.
                  steve

Comment

Jasonfast, you have that cool motor installed.

Comment

Originally posted by jbs View Post
                      Jasonfast, you have that cool motor installed.

Soon. Don't want to hijack

Comment

Working...
                      X