Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar arch for a 23 express.

I am finally getting close to splashing the “splash of lime”
    Could not find a decent way to mount the radar dome, the front of hardtop slopes too much.
    Having a custom made arch made, meant Hauling it to Seattle, and was really expensive. After some research, I ended up buying an Atlantic Towers “ Tower in a box”. $1,400 to my door, and it’s the optional schedule 80 pipe, vs standard schedule 40, strong enough for towing boards and tubes, ( see the tow bit on top) Originally, for asthetics, I was going to mount it to the mid section where the grab rails mount under the upper windows, but was worried I would compromise window sealing and integrity.
    I ended up mounting it on the gunnel, super strong, and all that’s left is mounting the antennas as soon as get the mounts in the mail. I will leave the old antenna mounts and add a brace from the arch to the mounts for side to side strength.

Although it does not look as neat and form fitting as a custom, I am very happy with the way it went together, and looks pretty cool.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Appella; 07-30-2020, 03:46 PM.

Damn that’s a good looking boat.

Tower fits great for not being custom. Have to look into that company...
    Last edited by theremikegoes; 07-30-2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Mike, the nice lady that takes orders said she has done two custom arches for a 28 Glasply, she thinks they should have a pattern and pictures.
      no one had done a 23, so I had to get a universal arch.

Comment

Thanks for likely costing me money. So helpful!

Comment

looks awesome! think I need one on my 23-maybe a volume discount LOL

Comment

Arch and boat look fantastic!

Comment

Boat and arch look excellent....!
              1982 2580 "HI-BOY " IN 2 DEEP 5.7LX ALPHA

Comment

Thanks guys!, I can’t wait to get her in the water

Comment

What engine did you finally use to repower it?
                  "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Bill, I used a 5.7 Vortec gold package from Michigan Motorz.
                    they claim 315 Hp from a carbureted 350.
                    all that’s left is to set my base timing. they are very Adiment about making sure the timing is right on.

Comment

Originally posted by Appella View Post
                      Bill, I used a 5.7 Vortec gold package from Michigan Motorz.
                      they claim 315 Hp from a carbureted 350.
                      all that’s left is to set my base timing. they are very Adiment about making sure the timing is right on.
                      What are their timing specs? My Crusader 350's were rated at 310hp and carb'd too, MPI versions were 330hp.
                      "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

What size prop will you be running?

Comment

I think the timing was 8 deg? Can’t remember exactly, I would have to look at the packet again.
                          as far as props, I have no clue until I run it. The outdrive I am using was removed from a 24’ sea ray, and was re geared to 1:65.

Comment

Working...
                          X