28 owners input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Socal View Post
    I moved the original starboard bridge bench seat to the port side of the cockpit.
    Not to port side of bridge.

"Joint Venture" '78 midcabin 28, twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Ah. All clear now, Socal. Good idea!

Bill, thanks. I'll look for wedges. Unfortunately, planned improvements are currently on hold due to severe damage to canvas by recent storm. Facing unforeseen use of carefully hoarded boat bucks.

2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

Carefully hoarded boat bucks? Is that the same thing as a stash of money the Mrs. doesn't know about?!
        -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
        1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
        1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

Mark my words: It will be dark again by nightfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post
          Carefully hoarded boat bucks? Is that the same thing as a stash of money the Mrs. doesn't know about?!
          For me it's my 22 year mining pension. Linda knows about it but agrees that it is for the boat.
          "Joint Venture" '78 midcabin 28, twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Well it's finished with only the mounting on the upper helm to be done. Picking up my seat boxes Saturday and hope to have everything done in a week or so. I applied 3 coats of fiberglass resin to both inside and out. Then 3 coats of gelcoat to the exterior. Put in a spring opener, latch to keep it tightly closed on the rubber gaskets and used some spare flooring material I had for a tabletop.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Nice job as always Bill, looks great.

Comment

Thanks Mike, I had to improve my "game" since you bought a 28, the "bar" got raised a bunch then.

Comment

Ha! cheers Bill. Although my poor boat could use a sprucing up at the moment, some of my railing fittings show corrosion and I have some rust staining to chase!

Comment

First class work Bill!

Comment

Great job with the chart table Bill. Looks like it will do just what you need. I really like the finish.

Originally posted by Mr. Smee View Post
                      My upper helm has the original seating of helm seat in the middle, L-shaped bench seat on the port side, and short bench seat on the starboard. There's very little room to move, and I don't really need that seating. I've been trying to think of a better arrangement, and I'd love to hear what's worked for you'uns.
                      Sounds like I had the same bridge layout as you Smee when I bought my 28. I have since removed the L-bench. Mine had a plywood base that was getting pretty rotted. I haven't taken out the starboard seat yet but that is next. I think I'll put in a second swivel seat near the helm like Bill did. For now I have a cooler where the L-bench was. I might just make a removable seat that goes on the top of that in case third person wants to sit up top. While underway I don't really like to have more than three up there.
                      1986 Glasply 28' long cabin

Comment

Finished and the beautiful seat boxes that Nova built are installed and hatches in place. Pretty pleased with outcome. ​​
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                        Last edited by Bill V; 03-23-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

looks great Bill!
                          1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

That is one good looking command station!

Comment

Looking great. Nice seats they look comfy. Wish I had a garage that could fit my boat.
                              1986 Glasply 28' long cabin

Comment

Just another to show off Nova's craftmenship.
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X