Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a Glasply

Hello,
    I am new to owning boats and am also a marysville Washington native I had no idea these boats were made in my hometown when I bought it but thought it was pretty neat! However I’m having trouble finding parts for this thing or the model for that matter I feel it’s a pretty solid boat and has potential. Can anyone on here help me identify this boat the hull I.D number is GPL17088M78E it’s a 17’ hull and it’s a 1978 model year that’s all I know so far I also know it has a Volvo penta AQ130D and a Volvo 280 Stern drive any info helps tips and tricks parts if any are available! Thanks for the add look forward to talking to some of you!

Welcome to the forum. I have a 1978 17’ AQ series as well. Awesome little boat. I may have all the boat, engine, and outdrive parts you need. PM me
    1978 17' Runabout - AQ120B/270
    1978 23' Cuddy

Comment

Welcome aboard!

GP's were made in Arlington, WA East of the Airport.

From what I have been told the 280 is a very dependable outdrive. My 23' GP has one and it's solid.

Comment

Glad you found us! Check out the rendezvous section, fairly close to your home this year.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys! Im real excited to be part of this forum and glad to find out my new project might not be the lemon I thought it was going to be! unfortunately I no longer live in washington but im only four hours away now maybe I can make the trailer road worthy and make it up that way for the rendezvous one of these years again thanks for the add guys! also does this model of boat not have an actual model name I noticed a lot of people just called them the 17' model GP.

Comment

Welcome Aboard! Where do you live now?
            Boat=Bust out another thousand
            1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
            1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
              Welcome aboard!

GP's were made in Arlington, WA East of the Airport.

From what I have been told the 280 is a very dependable outdrive. My 23' GP has one and it's solid.
              yes I had a 270 on my old 17 and were always told they are bullet proof! easy oil changes on the drive too, straight sae 30W automotive oil cheap cheap
              Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women!

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon View Post

yes I had a 270 on my old 17 and were always told they are bullet proof! easy oil changes on the drive too, straight sae 30W automotive oil cheap cheap
                I’ve heard from a couple buddies non detergent sae 30 is spec. I’ve also heard that gl5 would work for warmer water which might work for my area (higher up the Columbia)

Comment

The owners manual for my 280 says to use whatever oil you run in the engine. This was from 42 years ago. I know my OD will last MUCH longer using the AMZ/OIL 75-90 Severe Gear.

Next change I will use this

Comment

Cummins I like that soft pack it comes in, easy to squeeze all of it out!
                    Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women!

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon View Post
                      Cummins I like that soft pack it comes in, easy to squeeze all of it out!
                      YES, they really make it easy to fill some things.

Comment

Working...
                      X