Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appella's Welcome to the 2018 Rendezvous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appella's Welcome to the 2018 Rendezvous!

-- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism.
    --Frank Furedi

Ouch. That guy barely missed the boat crane piling which would have been even uglier.
    1981 24' Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead

Outboard Conversion Thread

Comment

This is obviously why Binford nicknamed me "crash"

Comment

Originally posted by Appella View Post
        This is obviously why Binford nicknamed me "crash"
        It was your self-nominated handle, for the reality show on Comcasts’s new Glasply-TV channel. Probably a subliminal thing from your experience at the sling!
        -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
        1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
        1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism.
        --Frank Furedi

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post

It was your self-nominated handle, for the reality show on Comcasts’s new Glasply-TV channel. Probably a subliminal thing from your experience at the sling!
          Or the alcohol..

Comment

Insane there wasn't more damage!!!

Comment

any update as to the repairs, Eric
              1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Yes, we received two "we're too busy to do your boat" bids, coming in @ 11K for a transom door and railing. So we will just have the chips repaired for now, remove the stair railings, have the whole boat buffed out and bottom painted. We should be able to get the transom door done for 5k in the fall. Still going after the offending persons insurance company for loss of use, fuel, hauling permits, hotel, etc. Our insurance company Totaled the boat for 17K, we bought it back for 2K, but they will not cover all the stuff mentioned earlier. Looking at a repower with the insurance funds.

Comment

Working...
                X