The Anti-Rendezvous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Anti-Rendezvous

Yesterday I had a brief discussion with Erik (Appella) about plans for the Rendezvous weekend dates of August 7-9. Jennifer and I had planned to head to the South Sound for a few days' vacation the middle of next week (having failed to realize the Rendezvous weekend was right there starting a day later). I told him I would have to talk over with Jennifer what change of plans we might consider.

We have decided that, instead of the South Sound mid-week, we will head up to Anacortes late-week and stay over the weekend at the guest dock there at Cap Sante. The chance to catch some crab was a deciding factor for us to choose the northern waters as was the possible opportunity to visit with fellow Glasplygians who may be "coincidentally" staying at Cap Sante that weekend.

No organized events. No group dinners. No party float. No raffle. No chance for Mr. Smee to *finally* take the prize in a Mixology competition. Just a few owners of Glasplys visiting one another along the float fingers on C dock over the course of a couple days.

Okay, it's official. I just made my moorage reservation with Cap Sante. I told them I would take a survey here on the forum to see who all from our group might also be seeking to secure moorage over that weekend and get some last names of those boat owners to share with the marina so they could double us up on some of the slips as we usually do. (It helps them not to have two 20-foot boats hogging up two 45-foot slips when they could be together on one, eh?)

So post your shout-out here if you plan to be there for the Anti-Rendezvous Aug. 7-9 and don't object to possibly sharing a slip with a fellow Glasplygian.
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I wrote a song about a tortilla. Well actually, it’s more of a wrap.

I have reservations at Deception Pass State Park on August 6th-10th and will have the boat in the water. I might run over there for the day but probably not stay the night. After camping we have plans with JJC to run over to the islands for a week staying at various places.
    1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
    1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
    8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

Good chance we will stop by! Saturday may work.

Comment

likewise for Gloria and I

Comment

We will be going to Cap Sante Wednesday staying overnight, head to Lopez Spencer Spit Thursday, crab, get icecream cones at Shaw island country store, anchor overnight head back to Cap Sante Friday, Saturday, Leaving Sunday afternoon. Will be doing alot of social crabbing, with day runs here and there. If we happen to be moored next to a Glasply boat on dock C, All the better. Hope see some of you there.
          Boat=Bust out another thousand
          1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
          1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

I’ll come by. We are camping at Fidalgo bay resort that weekend.
            Be nice to see some Glasply buddies again.

Comment

Alas, after attending ten happy GlasPly gatherings, this year I'll have to miss my second Rendezvous in a row. Who'd a thunk it? I hope those of you who can make it to Anacortes have a fine time. I will be home working on my entry for next year's mixology contest, which I plan to win!
              2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

So JBS and I will be sharing slip C-32.

When you call Cap Sante Marina (360-293-0694) to book your moorage (assuming you want to get placed nearby), ask to speak with Kate, Amanda, or Sally and let them know you'd like to be placed near C-32.
                -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
                1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
                1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I wrote a song about a tortilla. Well actually, it’s more of a wrap.

Comment

Calling in the morning for a slip. We are out now cruising the San Juans and look forward to see some old friends and meet some new ones.
                  "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

We'll be in slip #C36. Arriving Friday and haul out on Sunday. Appella and Iceman should be with us also.

Comment

We'll be in slip #C44. Arriving Friday and head out on Sunday morning.
                      "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

The significant other and I have been planning on coming up for quite some time. Unfortunately, the GP28 won't be there. Happy to see the site back up and running as I have no way to contact any of you. Any recommendations on a motel near Anacortes/Cap Sante would be much appreciated. Hey Bill, are you going to have room to throw in the seat for my bridge? Glad to hear a lot of you guys are still making this 'get together' happen. Looking forward to meeting some of you and being able to see your fine vessels up close.

Andy

Comment

I believe the Capt Sante Inn and Majestic are the closest, within walking distance. You'll have to Google their contact information and see which one works for you. Only chiming in because not everyone is aware this forum is back up and some members live in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Diversified View Post
                            The significant other and I have been planning on coming up for quite some time. Unfortunately, the GP28 won't be there. Happy to see the site back up and running as I have no way to contact any of you. Any recommendations on a motel near Anacortes/Cap Sante would be much appreciated. Hey Bill, are you going to have room to throw in the seat for my bridge? Glad to hear a lot of you guys are still making this 'get together' happen. Looking forward to meeting some of you and being able to see your fine vessels up close.

Andy
                            If you go into 2019 Rendezvous thread, there is a flyer with the phone number and address for the Cap Sante Inn located 2 blocks away.
                            jbs
                            Boat=Bust out another thousand
                            1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
                            1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

I hope this finds everyone well. As you know as Canadians Lynda & I would not have been able to attend this years rendezvous because of the border closure. As it is we would not have been able to go for the first time in many years for a couple of reasons even if the border was open.
                              1] My nephew is getting married Aug 8th
                              2] Boat issues ....again! Overheating. I have just done new...riser, exhaust manifold, [they were 12 yrs old and toast], impeller/water pump, removed and had the heat exchanger boiled out. Still overheats. Today the water circulation pump on the motor and the thermostat. After that?
                              I hope that those of you that will be there next weekend will have a good time and Lynda & I look forward to seeing all of you next year. As our provincial health officer Bonny Henry has said many times.. be kind, be calm & stay safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X