This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Glasply Rendezvous August 19th-21st

We are on the schedule for August 19th-21st in Anacortes.
    1981 24' Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead

Outboard Conversion Thread

AWESOME, thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the update, going to get my flights now. Bringing Appella this time.

Comment

A little more detail needed Eric. Have you upgraded to an Air Force C5 to transport Appella to the Rendezvous? Should be plenty of extra room. Maybe you could swing by Huntington Beach and Palo Alto to pick up a couple of California cousins.
        The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Sheesh, do I need to buy a 100’ boat transport trailer?

Comment

Nice Nova thanks for the update! Planning on attending with my soon to be repowered 17'
            Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women!

Comment

Originally posted by Appella View Post
              Thanks for the update, going to get my flights now. Bringing Appella this time.
              Is Splash Of Lime off the market?
              Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women!

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon View Post

Is Splash Of Lime off the market?
                Nope, I still own it. It’s not advertised but always up for offers.
                I brought it up last year to show it off, put it on Craigslist just to test the market and actually had someone meet me at 7 feathers on the way up to the rendezvous. He offered to buy it on the spot, but I asked him to wait until after the Rendezvous as that was why I brought it all the way from Utah.
                he changed his mind by Sunday, but that did not break my heart, I have a shit ton of time and money in this boat, so I don’t mind keeping it.

Comment

Originally posted by Appella View Post

Nope, I still own it. It’s not advertised but always up for offers.
                  I brought it up last year to show it off, put it on Craigslist just to test the market and actually had someone meet me at 7 feathers on the way up to the rendezvous. He offered to buy it on the spot, but I asked him to wait until after the Rendezvous as that was why I brought it all the way from Utah.
                  he changed his mind by Sunday, but that did not break my heart, I have a shit ton of time and money in this boat, so I don’t mind keeping it.
                  I wish it were the same model as mine, I would pay your price!!!

Comment

Well, Jennifer and I will not be making it to the Rendezvous this year. Our youngest son, Nathan, is graduating this May from WSU and has been accepted into the Doctor of Pharmacy program at the WSU Health Sciences campus in Spokane. The weekend of the Rendezvous we will be back in Spokane for Nathan's "white coat" ceremony (lab coats!) marking the beginning of his 4-year program. I will be there in spirit though!
                    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
                    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
                    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism.
                    --Frank Furedi

Comment

Very cool!!!

Comment

Binford,
                        Congratulations Tim, to you, Jennifer and Nathan for a great accomplishment. Very proud parents, indeed!

The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Great accomplishment and career choice!! Must of gotten his intelligence from mom though...

Comment

Very cool! Great job raising such a great young man!

Comment

Gonna miss you, but what a great event! Congratulations to Nathan!
                              2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

Working...
                              X