Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are getting closer to the annual Glasply Rendezvous and I have been contacted by the marina to start assigning slips. If you haven't registered and plan to attend, please contact me asap. Thanks.
    1981 24' Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead

Outboard Conversion Thread

Comment

I wonder if they would charge extra for "Splash of Lime" as they may want a full section to accommodate all the lookie-loos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8BBCCFEA-CD37-49C8-B7F9-03641B96A7D1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	74384
      Last edited by Cummins12V98; 07-25-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

I have till Friday to submit slip assignments. Please let me know asap if you are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
          I wonder if they would charge extra for "Splash of Lime" as they may want a full section to accommodate all the lookie-loos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8BBCCFEA-CD37-49C8-B7F9-03641B96A7D1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	74384
          Did you make Erik a deal he couldn’t refuse????
          Glas-Hawk
          Current Fleet - 1978 VIP w/4.3 V6 Merc (Glas-Hawk)
          1976 28ft w/twin Yanmars - Kaulquappe

Previous Affairs
          1977 17 w/115 Merc Tower of Power
          1980 2100SL w/470 Merc
          1977 2100SL w/470 Merc
          1979 18'6" "Donzi-Ply" w/470 Merc
          1980 181 Runabout w/470 Mercruiser

1980 8'6" Dinghy w/2 OP (oar power)
          2002 10ft w/15hp Mer 4 stroke

Comment

The clock is a-tickin', friends. If you want to join this year's Mixology Competition on the party barge at Cap Sante at 1700 on Saturday, August 20, you should let me know.
            Remember:

1) Your beverage should be mixed and ready to pour at the outset of the competition at 1700; it's best to have it in a pitcher or suitable container so you can pour quickly.

2) You'll need to make enough to serve about 25 (depending on attendance) people; not a full drink, though, just a taste will do. Small Dixie cups will be provided. Tasting is open to all attendees of legal age, but is, of course, strictly voluntary.

3) Your beverage should have a name, either a well-known cocktail appellation or one you've made up. The only restriction on your recipe is that you must have mixed your drink: it can't come right out of a bottle or can. You should be prepared to let people know your ingredients if asked (in case someone's allergic to chocolate or pineapple or whatever).

4) Those who volunteer to be tasters will get a scorecard on which they'll give each drink a rating. At the end the results will be totaled, and the winner will get this year's award.

5) If you intend to compete, please let me know the name of your drink by August 12 so you can be put on the scorecard. PM me, or shoot an email to: [email protected]

This year's Master Mixologist will this prize! Click image for larger version

Name:	Mixology award, 2022.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	4.48 MB
ID:	74402
            2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

Originally posted by Glashawk View Post

Did you make Erik a deal he couldn’t refuse????
              YES!!! My Son will become the new owner later this Summer. This will make three generations of GP owners, Dad 1976 21', me 1978 23' and my Son 1978 23'. Very good chance I will be bringing it to the Rendezvous.

Comment

YES!!! My Son will become the new owner later this Summer. This will make three generations of GP owners, Dad 1976 21', me 1978 23' and my Son 1978 23'. Very good chance I will be bringing it to the Rendezvous.
                Awesome!!!
                Glas-Hawk
                Current Fleet - 1978 VIP w/4.3 V6 Merc (Glas-Hawk)
                1976 28ft w/twin Yanmars - Kaulquappe

Previous Affairs
                1977 17 w/115 Merc Tower of Power
                1980 2100SL w/470 Merc
                1977 2100SL w/470 Merc
                1979 18'6" "Donzi-Ply" w/470 Merc
                1980 181 Runabout w/470 Mercruiser

1980 8'6" Dinghy w/2 OP (oar power)
                2002 10ft w/15hp Mer 4 stroke

Comment

Dash plaques have arrived. Used an image from the 1979 brochure.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Very cool!
                    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

Katherine Alderman, daughter of Glasply founder Ken Smith, will be at the Rendezvous on Aug. 20th and will be bringing her new book about the history of Glasply. Andrew Wright will also be there with a DVD he has been working on which is a documentary about Glasply history. They asked me to post this here.

They will be selling them together for $25. The book is 125 pages and I am told also has sections on the Rendezvous and this Forum. I am unsure of the length of the DVD.

I look forward to seeing these, though I am unable to attend this year’s Rendezvous myself.
                      -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
                      1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
                      1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism.
                      --Frank Furedi

Comment

Just sent Mr Smee an email registering this years potential Mixology winner "Juan DUH Fuca"

Comment

Unfortunately, we will probably not be able to make it this year. However, if there is a way to purchase a plaque or two - that would be awesome. Also, very interested in owning a copy of the book as well as the CD.
                          Thanks in advance for info on those items

Andy

Comment

Just sent Mr Smee an email registering this years potential Mixology winner "Juan DUH Fuca"
                            Awesome, thanks for participating.

Comment

Originally posted by Diversified View Post
                              Unfortunately, we will probably not be able to make it this year. However, if there is a way to purchase a plaque or two - that would be awesome. Also, very interested in owning a copy of the book as well as the CD.
                              Thanks in advance for info on those items

Andy
                              I'll let you know on the dash plaques after the event to see what we have left. I'll also let you know about the book and DVD as Binford's post is the first I've heard about them doing this.

Comment

Working...
                              X