2014 Rendezvous in pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Socal View Post
    You, Carl and BillV can compare roughwater handling stories. Is the outside of Vancouver Island rougher than the Straits?
    I am quite sure west side of Vancouver Island would be way worse with confused big swells and wind waves. Worst water we have been in was west of Whiskey Golf, northbound breaking deep in 8 footers for several miles before ducking into Comox. Only time I can remember being truly concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Socal View Post
      You, Carl and BillV can compare roughwater handling stories. Is the outside of Vancouver Island rougher than the Straits?
      I have never seen rough water like what I encountered on the outside of Vancouver Island, although I have seen some in the Straits that was nearly as bad. Lets face it, anytime you venture out into PNW waters whether it be the west side, the Georga Straits or Juan DeFuca Straits you can find rough water and more then enough to get yourself into bad trouble. I'm glad I own a GP 28 because I know I own a boat built for this kind of weather.
      "Joint Venture" '78 midcabin 28, twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Working...
      X