No announcement yet.

2014 Seattle Boat Show get-together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin who works at Northern told me today that there are actually two of their boats at boats afloat. A 55' - Raven and 78' African Queen. Planning to be there on the 31st.
    I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me....

Comment

That's the date I'll be at the show too. Probably all day. Some at the Clink and some at Lake Union. Then probably more back at the Clink.
      -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
      1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
      1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism.
      --Frank Furedi

Comment

Hey Bill i had both of mine lat year and i went to a rehab place the best thing you can do when haveing them done I should have done them years ago they feel great now
        calm winds and following sea's
        WaterDragon

Comment

Well, I'll be there for the opening bell at 11 tomorrow. Walking on the ferry from Bremerton and limping up to the C'link. Socal, you still thinking of being there tomorrow? I know kf7gth and Sailorman are coming down for it. Bill, how's the recovery coming along? I missed the show last year due to my Achilles tendon rupture. Even a year later it's still not fully back yet. Carl, I'll shoot you my cell number so you can text or whatever if you're around, though I probably won't make it up to Lake Union.

Tomorrow, the 31st, is also Chinese New Year. Chinese year 4712, as I understand. Year of the Horse, but they don't mean this one:

Anyway, my wife is Chinese and is the International Student Coordinator at our kids' school and as such is taking a group of our Chinese exchange students out to dinner to celebrate and I pretty much need to attend. So my plans of staying at the show late have been shot to smithers. Oh well. At least I'll have some good Chinese food....

See you guys at the show!
          -- Tim Taylor

Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism.
          --Frank Furedi

Comment

I was scheduled to be on a securities arbitration board Monday morning so didn't make travel plans. As often happens when the hearing is imminent, the parties settle, which they did. So, I'll miss seeing you guys and all those shiny new pricey boats. At least I will be able to use the unspent travel money on a new heat exchanger.
            See you in August
            The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Money well spent, I'm sure. We'll take lots of pictures for you. And check out the Grady Whites for Bill.
              -- Tim Taylor

--Frank Furedi

Comment

Working...
              X