2014 Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Smee View Post
    Yes, excellent idea! Maybe Socal has a wide-angle lens, and we could get a group shot of everybody afloat!
    I could see it now....

"Cruise by a little closer guys, come on!"
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism.
    --Frank Furedi

Comment

I'd be into that for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post
        So, where was this scotch?
        I always keep a fine bottle of scotch on board for "medicinal purposes". It helps to have one every so often, especially as a night cap. Mr Smee thinks he always has medicinal needs, eh Dave?
        "Joint Venture" '78 midcabin 28, twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

I think a cruise photo is a fine idea. I can see a formation led by the GPSki, followed by an assortment of 16's. 17's, 19's, 21's and so on up to 28's. Parade right by my dock and follow up with a pizza party in the park. There is a launch ramp about a mile away for your convenience. Guarantee nice weather. Bottle of Scotch awarded for the longest tow.

Just returned from my annual drive to Galice, Oregon and on to Seattle and return. It gets longer every year and towing a 28 that far is rapidly moving down my list of things I want to do.
          P.S. Wilburrrr ........I think you have a winner!
          Binford .........looks like your photographer is blowing bubble gum over the camera.
          The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Socal View Post
            I think a cruise photo is a fine idea. I can see a formation led by the GPSki, followed by an assortment of 16's. 17's, 19's, 21's and so on up to 28's.
            Maybe next year I can show up with a real boat.
            1981 24' Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead

Outboard Conversion Thread

Comment

A cruise sounds like a great idea, flying V formation of course

Comment

Here's an idea for you Puget Sounders. Gather up a bunch of GP addicts and get into the opening day boat parade from Lake Union, through the Montlake Cut into Lake Washington. Would be a great display of the GlasPly brand and a great party to boot. I believe the date is in early May. I would be available to fly in as the official GP photographer, providing I can get a ride.
                Last edited by Socal; 10-19-2013, 09:18 PM.
                The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Not a bad idea. But that event is such a zoo. Second only to SeaFair!
                  -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
                  1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
                  1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism.
                  --Frank Furedi

Comment

Plan B would be to go early enough (maybe night before) to tie up to the log boom and be a viewer rather than a viewee. We did that years ago when my daughter was an oar motor in a Husky shell. Big party on the log boom but at least everyone is tied up. The real fun starts when the parade is over and the mad dash for somewhere begins.
                    Plan C would be to watch it on the evening news.

Comment

Working...
                    X