Bringing home tomorrow a 19'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing home tomorrow a 19'

Recovered thread " Bringing home tomorrow a 19' " by Willburrrr2003 9-26-2008 . Testing a new way to past my PDF'd copy of my postings. I converted it to images, and posted them. How is this for readability? The attachment was lost from the old site, but the small pic was in the pdf so you can kind of see it. I like the way it worked out doing it this way. It would take a couple extra steps, but if you guys like the way it looks going this way I could do this for all the other threads I recover from the cache files. Let me know what you think.

Will Riddle
    Everett, WA.

Confidence is what you feel before you truly understand the situation...

Will,
    I think you are on to something. I can expand the image on my iPad and the readability is fine.
    Thanks for your work.
    The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

That works. It will be nice to see some of the DIY treads I would always look back on.

Comment

The results are positive, i will process all the threads i recover this way. My threads will be whole and complete as i saved every one ato pdf files two weeks before the old site crashed. I am not sure what the rest will be but i have at least 60more to go thru for usable content.
        Will Riddle
        Everett, WA.

Comment

I like the look of it, but keep in mind if you do it that way, they won't be searchable. Being able to search for keywords within a thread (particularly old ones) is pretty important.
          -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
          1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
          1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism.
          --Frank Furedi

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post
            I like the look of it, but keep in mind if you do it that way, they won't be searchable. Being able to search for keywords within a thread (particularly old ones) is pretty important.

Tim, thanks for your input. I had not thought of that...would the keywords box cover that if i fill it with lots about the posting? If not i will continue with the non pic postings instead.
            Will Riddle
            Everett, WA.

Comment

Well, the keywords of the title will still work. But then a searcher would have to hit on one of those in order to have success. If my own searching of forums over the past 7 or 8 years is any gauge, I probably key in on words in the body of the thread probably 75% of the time at least.

I love the way it looks, but I think the forum would be more functional if they are fully searchable.
              -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
              1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
              1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism.
              --Frank Furedi

Comment

Ok Tim, will do it without making the pages into pics, as you make a great point.
                Will Riddle
                Everett, WA.

Comment

Working...
                X