Splash of Lime gets shore power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splash of Lime gets shore power.

Now that the windlass project is finished, its time to move on to the next project. since Splash of Lime will be moored part of the summer, shore power and a good charger is in order. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8432.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	70288
    The boat already had shore power, but no breakers, and residential 3 conductor for wire. As far as I can tell, this was added at the factory.
    I found an AC panel from Great Lakes Skipper, I had purchased a galvanic isolator for Appella, but never installed it, so Splash of Lime gets The hand-me -downs.
    I need a good battery charger if anyone can recommend a good one.

Not sure what has changed with picture posting, but they get inserted in the middle of text now? I will try to post more.
    Last edited by Appella; 02-19-2021, 03:14 PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8193A57E-1627-4D43-8B67-A524410B1966.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	70294 Click image for larger version  Name:	88743B65-0695-44D9-AF43-C6A4546F650F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.18 MB ID:	70293 Click image for larger version  Name:	99FB84BA-B38E-486A-8AC7-4556B70615BC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	70292

Comment

I’ve become a big fan of Victron stuff. High quality and they sell very user friendly Bluetooth connected stuff so you can check the battery on your phone.

are you looking for a 1 or 2 bank charger and do you want an inverter? Nice to be able to charge 2 different type batteries for house and start. Might as well make it the same piece of equipment if you do...

Comment

Mike, two banks and I’d like to run an inverter as well. I’m probably spending waaay too much on this boat, financial suicide. Something about this express is motivating me,
        having fiberglass stringers, factory anchor locker, garage kept, etc. Our 28’ is my true love, but I am very excited about making this boat a mini Appella for here in Utah, maybe a little better to make up for its small size.

I will look into Victron for sure, thank you! Also, getting ready to update the freshwater system. A real water pump, anchor wash down, water heater, and a stern shower.

Comment

Looking good Erik. And I can really relate to "I’m probably spending waaay too much on this boat, financial suicide." As they say, "been there done that".
          "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill V View Post
            Looking good Erik. And I can really relate to "I’m probably spending waaay too much on this boat, financial suicide." As they say, "been there done that".
            i think it is true for most of us
            1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

What size inverter and what is your house bank-single battery? My first suggestion of an inverter charger would really only make sense if you want more capacity. Also will your house and start be the same chemistry? Both agm/both flooded lead acid? Lots of different paths pending that...

In my 28 I went with a xantrex xc2000 inverter/charger for the agm house and a victron battery to battery for the fla start-ends up being like a bluesea acr but allows separate charge profiles. If same chemistry house/start batteries-just run a blue sea acr between house and start to handle charging the start. Assuming you want a smaller inverter then I’d get a victron blue smart charger sized to your house bank+start and find a well reviewed inverter on Amazon in whatever size you want.

I for one think that boat is worth farkling out!

Comment

Mike, so far I just have two group 27 flooded with an ACR. Running out of funds for now, so maybe I will just get an onboard 30 amp charger for now, and use my Zantrex 2,000 watt inverter I acquired somehow. I’ve been looking at the Victron chargers, very cool, but I’m getting grey, I might be a Charles charger kind of guy. All that Bluetooth stuff scares me. I’m usually 10 years behind when I spec boat technology.
                Eventually, I might put some solar on the hard top, add two golf cart batteries, but for now I will try and keep it simple.
                Also, unlike our 28s, only so much room to add goodies. Still trying to figure out where to put a hot water heater and two golf cart batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Appella View Post
                  Also, unlike our 28s, only so much room to add goodies.
                  Well after adding two additional fuel tanks, a freezer and generator, increase water tank size to 65 gallons and the dinette to a size that permits a drop down table to have an additional true adult size berth plus carry spare parts to travel long distances and enough fishing gear to cover all expected uses I can really relate to what you're dealing with on that 23. I am at that point myself.
                  "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Working...
                  X