See less

28' Repower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at full load and that speed at the beginning of our trip, could've done it, but both electronics worked great (mostly, had a hic-up with the Garmin Radar) the entire trip. Between Friday harbor and Anacortes, we definitely hit something, never seen it and when I stopped, never seen it surface either. Felt like we hit and slid to the side, very odd. Was at the very end of the trip. I'm just guessing, if we had aluminum propellers, may have bent one, but not the stainless...

Comment

stainless will bend, trust me. i have done it twice. once really bad
      1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Originally posted by noluck View Post
        stainless will bend, trust me. i have done it twice. once really bad
        I'm sure it will if you have a diesel like yours with enough torgue to twist solid driveshafts in two...somethings going to bend...

Comment

1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Crikey! That prop really took a hit! Spendy props too. I’d love to get stainless for the Cardinal’s duo-props, but that’s like a grand. Got other priorities to work through first.
            -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
            1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
            1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I wrote a song about a tortilla. Well actually, it’s more of a wrap.

Comment

Wow. Surprised an impact like that didn't do damage to the leg, or maybe it did??

Comment

leg was fine, it was my fault not getting into neutral when i felt the first bump. well over a thousand dollars for those props. bent them both. plus there is a brand new set on the boat as spares

Comment

Decided to deal on a more permanent basis with my water tank leak issue. Almost certain the leak was coming from the welds where I had the tank extended. The old tank was wedged in so tight had to use the big hammer to bash it out. So, in the process of having a new tank fabricated, added a water gauge (KUS) but somehow the water gauge is reading backwards. Full tank, gauge reads empty, empty, gauge reads full. Reversed wires, same reading. So, for the time being, living with it...
                  Last edited by weigh2go; 08-01-2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

How many gallons Carl?
                    "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill V View Post
                      How many gallons Carl?
                      Oops, forgot to add that in. Would have to re-due the volume calculations, but if I recall it is 77-80 gallons. Added an RV filter contraption that attaches to the end of the hose we use to fill it. So, for the time being, we have clean potable water right out of the tank.

Comment

Working...
                      X