Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 project in progress

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1981 project in progress


    Bought this prior to the isolation mess, but making some progress now. I have always liked the Glasply's I saw on the water many years ago. After doing a modification on different fiberglass hull a year ago, decided to do one more. Want to keep this one when done and sell the first. Knew I was going to gut it and add an offshore bracket for an outboard. Found a good hull and trailer for a bargain and off I went. First I started removing and discovering how sound things were. They built these good, all stainless fasteners, floor was sound, I knew the hull looked great from the outside. Here are some pics of the work so far. Click image for larger version  Name:	1981 Glasply.jpg Views:	2 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	68015Click image for larger version  Name:	Glasply tower 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	25.5 KB ID:	68016Click image for larger version  Name:	transom 3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	68017
    Last edited by Roosevelt runner; 07-30-2020, 06:00 PM.

  • #2
    Nice looking boat. A bracketed 17. Not sure I’ve ever seen one of those. Ive heard of porpoising issues with brackets on smaller boats. I believe member Rooster bracketed a 19, but also know Armstrong recommends against brackets on boats under 20’. I look forward to seeing the progress and outcome.
    1978 17' Runabout - AQ120B/270
    1978 23' Cuddy

    Comment


    • #3
      Interesting, I would think trim adjustments at the outboard would be able to compensate that. With the bracket it will be almost a 20 footer. There will be a bit of flotation with the pod. I will be just above the drain plug with the bottom of the bracket, but not full width, maybe 3 ft. wide. The shop doing the work has done several, I have seen their work. Modifications always include unknowns. Not looking to add trim tabs just yet. I really like the hull and the room inside with the doghouse removed. I will be adding more progress photos as I continue. Just added some transom 'stringers', incorporated the motor well mounts for the inboard to create a pair of strongbacks. Click image for larger version

Name:	strongback.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	68107

      Comment

      Working...
      X