23’ Express weight w/trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23’ Express weight w/trailer

After putting some more hours on Splash Of Lime today, I stopped and weighed the boat and trailer. 50 gallons of fuel on board.
    Steer axle is the tongue weight.
    Drive axle are the Trailer axles.
    Definitely lighter than I expected, maybe because of the fiberglass stringers?
    Attached Files

hmmm, seems a little light. did they get all three trailer axles on the same axle platform? cant say I have weighed mine (identical model) but would have thought heavier. dont see a kicker and I have Hyd kicker and steering pumps etc. do you have a port auxillary tank?

Comment

Does seem light considering it rides on a 3 axle trailer. Maybe weigh it again on someones else scale for verification.
      "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Ran our 23', ( exact same as yours except a 1977 with those dreaded "wood" stringers) across the scales sometime back. Full fuel, limited gear, tandem axle EZ loader (original 77 trailer) with 16" tires, no kicker and no arch. Came in at 6400 lbs. I was somewhat surprised, since it seemed to pull harder/heavier with the older vehicles we used to tow it with back in the day. Would've figured easily in the 7-8K range. Now, with a modern diesel, don't even notice it back there.

Comment

I will have to look but I think I am more in the 7k range total on 23’ “REEL FAST”

Comment

i was 5500 on the slings full of fuel, with a 23'
            1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

No kicker or saddle tank, almost full main tank. I weighed it on a Cat scale, unhooked it from my wife’s SUV, so just the boat and trailer is weighed.
              I tend to believe the numbers from the cat scale, as they are certified. Heck, I’m sure it’s a few hundred pounds lighter not being moisture soaked in the great Northwest.

Comment

Here is my info, used I-5 DOT scales. Tongue weight 570# and trailer axles 6.760#, total weight of 7,280#. 87 gallons fuel on board, 9.9 kicker and a LOT of "STUFF".

Not sure of the trailer weight??????

Comment

something wrong? I think is a little light.

Comment

Working...
                  X