1981 28' glasply sportfish sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 28' glasply sportfish sedan

I am looking for the measurements of a 28' Glasply Sportfish sedan to send to tuff trailer company for a custom built trailer. is there a resource for this or a previous post i have not found with these measurements?

Attachment below will show the measurements they are requesting
    tuff-trailer-inboard-trailer-worksheet.pdf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by docbranch; 10-24-2021, 11:25 AM.

Docbranch,
    Assuming you have a twin screw inboard you are building a trailer for, BillV has his 28' on a trailer. Appella has a single screw inboard and the other one I know about has outdrives. Keep us posted on your progress. A trailer for my 28 twin inboards has always been on my bucket list.
    The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin . SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

I looked at the PDF of the Tuff Trailer and was surprised they need so many measurements to build a trailer. Any trailer for a Uniflite, Tollycraft or GlasPly in the 26-30ft range would fit and all their weights are 10-14k with beams in the 10-11ft. For a company to need as much as they do must have built trailers for some of these boats. Press them to search their data base if they want to sell you a trailer.
      "Joint Venture" '78 midcabin 28, twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

thanks socal i will let you know how it goes maybe post a pic

Bill yes i agree and i have seen tuff trailers for 28' twin screw so im not sure why they need all the measurements. i will call today and see if they are able to pull up old specs

thanks so much for replying
        I get my new boat sometime this week and i am so excited to be part of the club. may even try to get to a rendezvous next year

Comment

Where are you located at?
          "Joint Venture" '78 midcabin 28, twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Chelan, Wa

Comment

Working...
            X